To apply for these and other jobs, visit www.workintexas.com and refer to the Job Order
that is posted. For more information about our services, please call 1-866-765-5038, or
visit your local workforce center location to meet with a career counselor, get
assistance with registering for workintexas.com, and to gain access to online computer
Company: Prestigious Nursing
Work in health care facilities and local hospitals, caring for residents with integrity and dignity. Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, push and bend. Shifts are 8 to 12 hours. Must be available to work various shifts. Days to be arranged Sunday-Saturday. Pay varies with experience. LVN's must have 2 years experience & current License.
Company: High Plains Electric Motors LLC
Warehouse Manager needed to manage inventory control and purchasing as required. Must have good customer service skills. Will also be parts runner and stocker. Electrical parts experience is preferred. Must be able to operate forklift. Must be able to use office equipment: phone, calculator and computer. Minimum three years experience in warehousing required. Must have valid Class C TX Driver’s License. Days/hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Company: Goodwill Industries
Job Description: Goodwill Industries is currently looking for a qualified Accounting Manager. Must have an accounting degree and salary is dependent upon experience - We are seeking driven and dedicated candidates to join our team. Friendly and positive attitudes are a must! We offer excellent full-time benefits including, an extensive health insurance package, optional life insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k with matched contributions*, competitive wages, paid holidays and vacation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
• Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll transactions.
• Ensure the monthly and quarterly bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Supports budget and forecasting activities.
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Responds to inquiries from the CEO, Controller, and other firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
• Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
• Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
• Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
• Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
• Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Company: Goodwill Industries
Salary: $24,000 ,br/>Job Description:
Goodwill Industries is currently looking for qualified Assistant Retail Managers.
Must have previous retail management experience, good work history, and must be flexible with hours.
Apply at 715 28th St.
Assists the store manager in the efficient operation of a retail store.
Maintains excellent customer relations.
Assist store manager with planning for best possible merchandising system, including displays and store promotions.
Responsible for meeting daily production quotas.
Assist with cash control and related reports.
Assist with security and safety of company employees, property and assets
Lead and encourage store work force; when directed, assist with staff training; assign specific duties in absence of manager.
Keep store equipment in proper working order. Notify store manager and/or district manager promptly of any defects.
Ensures that all financial paperwork including, but not limited to, sales, production, time cards, logs, inventories, and other assigned work is properly completed and in a timely manner in the absence of a store manager.
Enforce safety and security policies and procedures.
Responsible for all documentation such as: Incident reports, Absentee reports, Counseling statements and Warning slips, in the absence of a store manager.
Maintain good housekeeping, keeping customer & employee walkways and aisles clear of hazards at all times, inspecting on an hourly basis.
Adhere to all Goodwill policies, procedures and regulations.
Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
Other duties as assigned.
Company: South Plains Community Action
Responsible for the operation of all Workforce Career Centers in the Local Workforce Development Board (LWDB) area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adheres to the mission of SPCAA.
• Responsible for the implementation of the Workforce Development Operational plan for the LWDB area in accordance with Federal guidelines.
• Oversees the operation of all Career Centers in the local Workforce Board area.
• Determines the operational and supportive requirements for each WF Career Center.
• Responsible for all personnel issues, including staff performance, and recommends organizational and staffing assignments to maximize results.
• Responsible for reviewing all customer complaints, investigating said complaints, and providing appropriate resolutions.
• Participates in meetings dealing with transitional issues.
• Participates in workforce development committees, taskforces, and policy development boards and other stakeholders of the workforce development system.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Preferred experience in data entry, state data systems, Excel, Word, and Power Point. Knowledgeable in social service programs ideal, including: WIOA, TANF, SNAP E&T, ES/UI - familiar with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Basic computer literacy, including the ability to use the Internet and Microsoft Office applications. Keyboarding skills mandatory. Ability to work in a team environment is a must.
Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation. Strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual candidates preferred. Ability to analyze data, prepare detailed reports, and interpret written policies and procedures is a must.
Knowledge of community resources is a must. Familiar with structured program policies and procedures is a must. Knowledge of, or ability to, learn and use TWIST, WorkInTexas, and other automated reporting software/systems is preferred.
Ability to make frequent visits to training provider sites where appropriate. Ability to communicate professionally, and effectively, with customers, vendors, administration, and other employees. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to travel within service area.
Education and Training:
• Four-year degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social services, business or public administration, or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
• Five (5) years of experience working with federally funded programs applicable to Workforce Development, or a combination of relevant experience and education.
• Two years of work experience may substitute for one year of formal education.
• SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to travel within the service area and the State of Texas.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and provide automobile liability insurance as required by the State of Texas.
• Must have access to reliable transportation in order to travel within service area and the State of Texas.
• Employee regularly required to sit for an extended period of time
• On occasion may require long periods of standing or walking
• Employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 25 lbs.
• Occasional pushing or pulling of over 25 lbs.
• The physical requirements in an office environment may require lifting boxes of supplies, equipment and occasional adjustments of office furniture.
• Ability to adapt to inclement weather conditions and/or situations
• Noise level within office environment is normally moderate
• Ability to work in a stressful environment and deal effectively with stress
• Ability to perform duties and adapt to flexible work schedules as established by management
• Moderate to heavy commuting to other locations by automobile.
Company: Twisted Spigot
Responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
• Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
• Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Bachelor's degree and five years of HR experience is required.